Program Benefits and Details
- How does the National College Match work?
- How is applying to the National College Match different from applying Early Decision or Early Action (ED/EA) to a QuestBridge college partner?
- My student is not ready to commit to a specific school yet. Is it still worth it for them to apply to QuestBridge?
- What are the benefits of applying to QuestBridge if I am not interested in participating in the Match?
- Should high-achieving, low-income students consider options other than the QuestBridge National College Match for applying to QuestBridge's college partners?
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Who is the National College Match for?
- How are National College Match applications evaluated?
- What does QuestBridge consider low-income?
- What does QuestBridge consider high-achieving?
- Can I apply to the National College Match if I am not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident?
- Does a student need to be first generation in order to qualify for QuestBridge?
Early Application Policy
- What is the advantage of applying to QuestBridge instead of applying to a school Early Decision/Early Action (ED/EA)?
- Is QuestBridge binding?
- Can I apply Early Decision or Early Action (ED/EA) to other colleges and rank colleges for the Match?
- If I am selected as a Finalist and do not match, can I apply to a school I ranked for Early Action or Early Decision?
- If I am only ranking and applying to non-binding schools for the Match, can I also apply to Early Decision or Early Action (ED/EA) to a school outside of QuestBridge?
- If I am a Finalist and only applying through QuestBridge Regular Decision, can I apply Early Decision or Early Action (ED/EA) to other colleges?
Scholarship Information and Details
- Is this an application for college admission or a scholarship application?
- Am I qualified for the Match Scholarship if my Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is not zero?
- Who provides the Match Scholarships and financial aid?
- What is the difference between a Finalist and a Match Scholarship Recipient?
- How many Match Scholarships are being offered each year?
- Can a Match Scholarship be used at a college that is not a QuestBridge school?
Process and Timeline
- Completing the Application: Quick Start Guide
- Is there a fee to apply to QuestBridge? Are there any other costs associated with the National College Match?
- Do I need a separate application for the National College Match if I previously applied to the College Prep Scholars Program?
- When is the National College Match application due?
- If I become a QuestBridge Finalist, should I still plan to apply to colleges other than QuestBridge college partners through the regular admissions process?
- What happens if I am not matched with any of the colleges that I ranked?
Household Section (Income & Assets, Non-Custodial Parent Information, Household Size)
- What documents do I need to fill out the Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) Income and Assets page?
- What figures from our family's tax forms should I enter for income in the application?
- Who should I include in my primary household?
- What is a non-custodial parent?
- Do I need to report non-custodial parent income?
- Where do I enter my non-custodial parent’s financial information?
Academic Section (Coursework, GPA, Honors)
- What is an honor?
- What type of information should I include in the academic additional information section?
- How should I enter grades for my 12th grade courses?
- When adding courses to the 12th Grade Courses section, what do you mean by “Term”?
- What if I have more than 6 courses per "Course Type"?
- My school doesn't have class rankings. What should I do?
- Who should complete my recommendations and how many do I need to submit?
- What is a School Report and who should fill it out?
- What can I do to make sure I get a good recommendation?
- How do I submit my recommendations and School Report to QuestBridge?
- My recommender or counselor didn’t get the link for my recommendation. What should I do?
- How do I change my recommender or counselor?
Transcripts, Test Scores, and Other Application Materials
- Are transcripts and test score reports required to apply to the National College Match?
- What standardized tests are required to apply to the National College Match?
- How important are test scores? How will my test scores be used?
- I only have my test scores online. How can I upload a score report?
- Can I upload a picture of my transcript or test scores?
- Do I need to submit a transcript for my previous schools?
Submitting and Viewing Application Materials
- How do I upload my materials?
- How do I know if my materials have been received?
- What file types or formats can I upload?
- Can I view my transcript or test score report once it is uploaded?
- My file is not uploading. What should I do?
- Can I submit my application if I have missing materials?
Resolving Errors in Your Application
- Academic: You may only have one active School Official, and that official must be from your current institution.
- Household: Missing Details about Parent 1 or Parent 2
- Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) Income and Assets page: Missing one or more required business/property/farm fields/ Non-Custodial Parent Income and Assets page: Missing one or more required business/property/farm fields
- Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) Income and Assets: Missing one or more required fields/Non-Custodial Parent Income and Assets: Missing one or more required fields
Other Application Questions
After the Application Deadline
- Where can I find my Match Agreement Form?
- How can I obtain the required signatures for my Match Agreement Form?
- Do I need to submit a Match Agreement Form if I am not ranking schools?
- What materials do I need to send to the schools I ranked and how should I send them?
- Can I rank fewer than 15 schools for the Match?
- How do I get a fee waiver for the Common App?