How and when do I submit a Noncustodial Parent Waiver Petition?

QuestBridge -

Typically, noncustodial parents are expected to contribute financially to the cost of their child's education. However, you may petition colleges to waive your noncustodial parent's financial contribution. Only students who have a significant history of little or no contact, or other exceptional extenuating circumstances, should fill out this form.

To request a waiver of your noncustodial parent's financial contribution, you will need to send a Noncustodial Parent Waiver Petition to each college that you rank for the Match. The deadline to submit this form to the colleges is November 1. Please do NOT send this form to QuestBridge. Instructions for submitting the form to each college are included in the Match Requirements for Finalists on each school's Application Requirements page. Pay careful attention to all instructions and include all necessary supplementary forms and documentation.

Was this article helpful?
3 out of 3 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.