What figures from our family's tax forms should I enter for income in the application?

QuestBridge -

We suggest filling this section out with your parent or guardian and ask that you provide us with detailed information about your household income. This includes the following types of income:

  • Your household wages and earnings (1040 line 7; 1040A line 7; 1040EZ line 1; W-2 box 1 or estimate if no W-2 available)
  • Interest and dividend income (1040 total of lines 8a, 8b, 9a, and 9b; 1040A total of lines 8a, 8b, 9a, and 9b; 1040EZ line 2)
  • Business, farm, or rental income (1040 lines 12, 18, or 17)
  • Taxed income, such as unemployment compensation, alimony, inheritances, or capital gains
  • Untaxed income, such as child support, workers’ compensation, TANF, or scholarships and grants

If your household does not receive income in some of these categories, you should enter the numeral “0” or answer “No” for those that do not apply to you.

For more help completing this section, view our Income & Assets Guide.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.